Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Deadline Day

This is when working for a Short-Season team gets interesting. The draft took place last week, and this morning I got a preliminary roster from the Mets (nope...can't tell you who's on it, yet). Tomorrow -- tomorrow -- is the print deadline for the Game Program and the Media Guide, meaning KJ and I (and my trusty interns, Gus and Neil) have one day to gather info and pictures on these players, lay them out in the books, and get them to the printers.

I mean, I know the Cyclones have a history of doing a lot in 24 hours, but this is ridiculous!

It's 9:30pm right now, and we're just about finished. Next, we have to hope that the guys printed in the books will actually play for the Cyclones at some point this season!

Stay tuned...

-- Dave

No comments: