Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In a Shocking Development...

More rain tonight.

What? I am flabbergasted. Rain? No way. I don't buy it.


Oh, wait...that's right...it rains every single day here in Seattle East Brooklyn.

From here on out, the only thing I am rooting for this season (and next) is the worst (best?) drought in New York's history. I want it to be so dry that the weeds growing in between the cracks of the sidewalk spontaneously burst into brush fires. I want livestock Iif there is any in Kings County) to be so thirsty they migrate south, in search of water for survival. I want deforestation and desertification on a biblical scale. I want the "Bull of Heaven" to unleash a wrath not seen since the epic of Gilgamesh. I want our next game delay to be because of a dust storm, instead of a thunderstorm.

You get the point.


If anyone knows a good shaman who can do a reverse rain dance, tell him to look me up. I'll try almost anything at this point to never touch the tarp again.

-- Dave

3 comments:

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Tell me about it. We are STH and besides the grandchildren we have been taking sweatshirts AND umbrellas to all the games!!

anthony0358 said...

We just want to thank all the employees who work for the Cyclones for all your hard work
Rain and Shine
Its so awful when it rains out at KeySpan but you all do your best to keep our spirits up

THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, if you happen to figure out a way to stop the rain, please help us out in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We've had enough here to last us a couple years.

All the best with your season.

Andrew Collier
GM - Winnipeg Goldeyes