Thursday, May 6, 2010

Beer Fest!


On Saturday, June 12th, MCU Park will host the first annual Craft Beer Festival!  From 4-9pm that day, you can sample some of America's finest craft beers and listen to some great local bands.  Learn more, or get your tickets here.  In the meantime, Assistant GM Kevin Mahoney checks in with his take on the event:  

Steve has been formulating a plan to host a Craft Beer Festival at the ballpark for a few years now, and after lots of time, effort, energy, and obstacles, it's finally going to happen.

Several weeks ago, Steve put Baby Alexa and me in charge of the Beer Festival planning. Actually, Alexa is really the one in charge, but she is not old enough to drink yet.  So, several tasks were given to me -- the guy who has a, shall we say, "fondness" for the beverage produced by the brewing and fermentation of starches, mainly derived from cereal grains (most commonly malted barley, although wheat, maize, and rice are also widely used), and flavored with hops. Coincidence?  I don't think so.

There is one slight problem, though.  I have a slightly insane obsession strong loyalty to one specific brand of beer that I refer to simply as The King.  I have even been known to leave an otherwise enjoyable establishment (or an expensive VIP table at an exclusive Vegas hot spot) rather than try a new brand, but for the first annual Craft Beer Festival, I'll make an exception.  Maybe I'll even find something I like better!  (OK...there's no chance of that, but I'm trying to be open-minded.)

So join me at MCU Park on June 12th, from 4-9pm, to sample over 40 phenomenal craft beers, mingle with friends in a beautiful ballpark on the Coney Island seashore, listen to live music, and have a great night.

Stop by and say hello if you see me.  I'll be the guy that looks like this anytime I try something other than Bud.

-- Kevin

No comments: